RECLAIM YOUR VEHICLE
If your vehicle was impounded by the police department or by a property owner due to being illegally parked, the following is important information for you to reclaim your vehicle. Please refer to the following directions below to properly reclaim your vehicle.
STATEWIDE WRECKER SERVICE WILL FOLLOW ALL REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH BY THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of people on the lot.
- In order to inquire about a vehicle, you will need to know your Vehicle Identification Number.
- To view and/or pick up a vehicle, a valid Driver’s License is required.
- Prior to having access to your vehicle, you MAY need a police release.
- You will NOT be allowed to get the vehicle for ANY reason if it has a HOLD or needs a police release.
- Also, in order to get the police release you will need to contact one of the following bureaus:
Gwinnett County Police Department:
Steps to Retrieve Your Vehicle:
- Determine the Reason for Impoundment – Why was your vehicle impounded? Knowing this before you try to get your vehicle back is essential. There are many reasons for an impound like multiple parking violations, traffic violations, or even as evidence in a criminal investigation.
- Locate the Impounded Lot – In Georgia, most impound lots are operated by private companies under contract with local law enforcement agencies. You can usually locate this information on either the ticket or citation issued or by contacting the law enforcement agency that impounded your car.
- Gather All Documents and Necessary Information – There are certain documents you will need to get your vehicle back. In most cases, you will need your driver’s license, proof of insurance. Plus, you should call them first to see if you need anything else, so you don’t need to make multiple trips.
- Locate a Towing Service Near You – If you need help retrieving your vehicle from an impound lot, Statewide Wrecker Service offers reliable and affordable towing services near you. To ensure the safe transportation of your car, Statewide Wrecker will work with you and provide you with the best services.
- Reimburse Towing and Impound Fees – Last but not least, pay all applicable impound and towing fees. Before retrieving your vehicle from an impound lot, you must pay both impound and towing fees. These costs vary based on location and reason for impoundment but usually include a daily storage fee and the initial towing charge.
- Retrieve Your Vehicle – Once you have collected all necessary documents, contacted a towing service near you, and paid the impound and towing fees, you can retrieve your vehicle from an impound lot. If your vehicle is drivable you will be able to exit the impound lot without needing a tow trucks assistance. At Statewide Wrecker, we strive to make the process seamless and stress-free. Our team of professionals will assist with completing the necessary paperwork and offering any additional information or support that may be necessary.